Tuesday, June 16, 2009






I saw The Hangover the other day. Decently funny. I probably wouldn't say it was worth the ticket price. I'd wait for this one to come out on DVD and then rent it. It definitely wouldn't have much in the way of replay value.






The movie follows four guys on their trip to Vegas to celebrate the Bachelor Party of one of their number, soon to be wed. Predictably, something goes wrong and shenanigans ensue, which of course involve drugs, alcohol, ridiculous near-sadistic violence, raunchy perverted humor, irresponsible behavior of every kind- basically everything you would expect from a guy comedy of this kind.






Some familiar faces include comedian Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms (Andy from the Office), Justin Bartha (Nicholas Cage's sidekick from the National Treasure Movies), Heather Graham (She's been in a couple different things, but I best remember her from the second installment of the Austin Powers Franchise. That was quite a few years back, I'm sure she's been in stuff since then.), Bradley Cooper (Wedding Crashers, Failure to Launch), and a predictably violent extended cameo by Mike Tyson. Ed Helms was impressively funny. I was worried his performance would be sub-par after seeing how unimpressive his fellow Office star, John Krasinski's forays into film were. License To Wed has a 8% rating on Rotten Tomatoes (generally a fairly accurate gauge). Ouch. Leatherheads, wasn't as bad, but still nothing to blow my skirt up. Ed Helms though is naturally funny, and I look forward to seeing more of him in the future.






As I said, the movie was decently funny, and who knows, may actually defy my predictions and be even better on the second viewing. Definitely not for the kids though, or anyone sensitive to crude stuff.


By the way, I haven't forgotten about my Zombie tirade. I will bring more examples of Undead Entertainment soon. Just taking a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment